The City of Melbourne offers free marketing opportunities for businesses and events – here’s how to take advantage
The first step is to list your business or Event on What’s On Melbourne – whatson.melbourne.vic.gov.au.
The City of Melbourne suggests that just one post on all of the What’s on Channels is worth $13000 worth of advertising – and it’s free!!
A recent dual posting between the City and our channels – that’s 4 websites, 2 instagram pages and 3 facebook pages reached well in excess of 2 millions Victorians.
Make the most of what’s available to you. here’s some tips:
MUST HAVES (copied straight from What’s On Melbourne, but ditto for our members submitting to us)
** A great photo – refer to photo tips below
** Short, succinct information to use for the social media caption
** Be active on social media
PHOTO AND VIDEO TIPS
• Photos should be high resolution (1MB
or more) with no text, logos or graphics
• Pick photos that are bright, colourful
and in focus
• Supply a combination of landscape
(horizontal) and portrait (vertical)
photos to fit different social formats
• Keep videos short (10-30 seconds).
Portrait is preferred format
• Make sure you own the rights to the image
• Avoid empty venues, single use plastic
and extreme close ups
• Shoot with the light behind you or to the side.
• Keep it brief
• Include the most newsworthy
aspect of your business or event
• Don’t use promotional or sales
• Use #melbmoment, #docklandsmelb #docklandsiloveyou on Instagram
main feed photos
• Tag @whatsonmelb and @docklandsmelb on Instagram stories
to enable us to share your content
• Tag the What’s On Melbourne and Visit Docklands Melbourne Facebook pages
|Submit a listing here|